What is Upright Cable Row?
It is one of the best exercises to build your shoulders.
Primary muscle: Shoulders
Secondary muscle: Upper Back / Traps
Equipment Required: Cable Station
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
How to do upright cable row?
Performing the 6 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Fix a straight bar on the low pulley in the cable station
- Place your feet on either side of the pulley and maintain their distance to be equal to shoulder’s width apart.
- Extend your arms completely and hold the straight bar with an over hand grip by keeping your hands at a distance of shoulder’s width apart on the bar with your shoulders back.
- Pull up the Bar towards your upper chest and extend/stretch it until it reaches just below your chin.
- Squeeze/contract your biceps and forearms and hold there till the count of one.
- Slowly and steadily return to the starting/initial position and repeat yourself.
- Upright Barbell Row
- One Arm Dumbbell Row
- Kettlebell Thruster
- Dumbbell Incline Row
- Hindu / Judo Push Up / Dive Bombers
This doesn’t end here. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.