Want to learn how to do a Ez-bar Preacher Curl? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What is Ez-bar Preacher Curl?
Primary muscle: Biceps
Secondary muscle: Forearms
Equipment required: Barbell / Ez-Bar
Difficulty Level: Intermediate to Hard
How to do Ez-bar Preacher Curl?
By performing the 5 steps mentioned below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Set up a preacher curl bench according to your height, it should not be low that you need to raise your shoulders or it should not be high that you lean over the support pad.
- Starting position: Rest your arms on the pad with your triceps at the top, elbows midway down the pad and hold the Ez-bar curl with an underhand grip.
- Elevate the bar towards your chest in a smooth arc, pause for a moment.
- Then lower the bar by extending your arms back to the starting position.
- Repeat until you’ve hit your targeted reps.
You can perform this exercise with a pair of dumbbells.
There are 4 other exercises that benefit the same muscles:
- Upright Dumbbell Row
- Seated Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curls
- Seated Dumbbell Curl
- Barbell Curl
This doesn’t end here. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.