What is a Russian twist?
How to do Russian Twist?
Performing the 10 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Lie down on your back on the exercising mat and use some assistance such that your feet do not move at all.
- keep your knees bent.
- Pull up your torso from the exercising mat to make a V-shape with your thighs.
- Maintain your extended arms fully in front of your chest by clasping your hands together.
- Move your torso towards the right until there’s a stretch in your back and by your sides.
- While exhaling, keep your arms parallel to the floor.
- Hold there in this position and inhale.
- Breathe out and return to the starting position
- Repeat the movement towards the left side.
- Keep altering between the sides until you finish the required number of reps and therefore sets.
Are there Alternative variations of Russian Twist?
Related workouts that benefit the same primary muscles:
- Plank Leg Lift
- Dumbbell Side Bend
- Seated / Low Cable Row
This doesn’t end here. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here