Wishing to get back into shape quickly for the beach season?
Looking to get those great curves and sexy figure back for your bikini?
This 15 minute full body workout will do the trick. It will get the fat out of your body quickly and effectively. All you need to do is just perform this workout 3 days a week with a day’s rest between 2 workout sessions. This Simple 15 Minute Bikini Body Workout will burn fat with focus on troubled areas while keeping your body curvy and firm.
Workout Genre: Women
Targeted Body Parts: Full Body
Equipments Required: Barbell, Dumbbell, Floor Mat
Gym Access: Not Required
Important Points to Remember:
- Perform the exercises one after the other in a complete circuit style. Once finished, rest for 150 seconds before repeating the entire circuit again for the second and the third time.
- Aim to complete 10 reps per exercise, except for plank that you need to hold on for 30 seconds.
- As you become regular with this workout, you should aim to increase the rep range upwards upto 15 reps. When you start doing 15 reps easily, then move to using heavier weight next time. This way the workout will stay progressive as well as allow you to build strength gradually and reduce the risk of injury as well.
Complete Workout Instructions:
- Light Cardio Workout
- Begin with a light warm up doing cardio. Lighting jogging coupled with skipping or jumping on one spot will aid in preparing your body for the intense workout to follow.
- Get your hands at the back of your head. Get yourself in the squat position by bending your knees a little. Now, Jump and come back to the original squat position. Repeat and Return. To make this more challenging, you can wear a weight vest or hold dumbbells while you perform this exercise.
- It is a compound resistance exercise that is used for developing pectoral muscles. Sit on the bench with the weights resting on your thighs with your palms facing each other. Lay back while you simultaneously raise your legs to get the weights into position.
- Plant your feet firmly on the ground and hold the weights at shoulder width. Now, you need to rotate your wrists forward so that your palms are facing away from you. The dumbbells, at this time, should be just to the sides of your chest. Make sure that you have full control of the dumbbells at all times. This is the starting position.
- Exhale while you press the weights up and squeeze the chest. Pause for a second and start lowering the weight back to the starting position. Always keep bring the shoulders back smoothly and avoid jerks during the motion. Now, repeat and return. This workout forces each arm to carry equal weights, thus preventing muscle imbalances.
- Bend over bar with straight back and knees bent slightly. Grasp the bar with a wide overhand grip and pull bar up to upper waist. Lower the bar until arms are extended and shoulders are stretched downwards. Repeat and Return.
- Stand with shoulder width and hold the dumbbells to sides. Now, lower dumbbells to sides of feet by bending waist and allowing hips to fall back as dumbbell approaches the feet.
- Raise dumbbells back upwards while keeping your leg straight and extending hips and waist. Repeat. Begin this workout with very light weight and add additional weights gradually to aid in lower back weight adaptation. Keep dumbbells close to the legs, your arms and knees straight throughout the lift.
- Sit on the bench with your back straight and position dumbbells to each side of your shoulders with elbows below wrists. Now, press dumbbells upwards till your arms are extended fully. Pause for a second and then gradually lower the dumbbells to the sides of the shoulders. Repeat.
- Stand straight and position dumbbells to the sides with palms facing in, and arms straight. Now, keeping elbows to the side – raise one dumbbell and rotate forearm until forearm is vertical and your palm faces shoulder. Lower to starting position and repeat the process with the opposite arm. Repeat and Return.
- Hold the both dumbbells in front of your thighs with elbows slightly bent. You will need to bend over slightly with hips bent. Now, raise your upper arms to the sides until elbows reach shoulder height.
- Aim to maintain elbow height above or equal to wrists. Now, lower the dumbbells to the starting position and repeat. Make sure that you raise dumbbells using shoulder abduction and not using external rotation of wrists.
- Lie on the floor with your face down, extending arms and legs. Now, raise your legs and arms to form a curve while keeping your torso still. Return and Repeat.
- Place your forearms on the floor, elbows under your shoulders. Place legs together with forefeet on floor. Raise your body upwards while keeping your body in straight line. Hold position for 30 seconds. Aim to hold longer as much as 60 seconds as you get comfortable with this workout to keep it progressive.
This 15 minute full body workout for women can be done 3 days a week. Aim to increase reps to 15 and then move to lift heavy weights as you get regular with this workout. Keep pushing yourself with this workout.
The pain is worth the aesthetics payoff you’ll receive for your hard work.
Don’t you need to get that sexy bikini body? 🙂
Share your experiences and views in the comments section below and keep looking forward for our posts. Till then have fun in the sun.
Similar Posts 15 Minute Lower Body Workouts For A Sexy And Toned Butt
Last Update: 14th August 2014
Next Update: 14th October 2014