Want to learn how to do Crunches / Jackknife Sit-ups? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What is Crunches / Jackknife Sit-ups?
This exercise helps in working out your Abs & Obliques.
What muscles does it target?
Primary muscle: Abs & Obliques are the muscles primarily benefited by performing this exercise.
What equipment are required?
No equipment is used for this exercise.
How to do Crunches / Jackknife Sit-ups?
Performing the 7 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Lay down on an exercising mat facing your back towards the mat and extend your arms across your head and also extend your legs completely.
- While bending your waist and bring forward your legs and arms and make them meet such that a somewhat jackknife position is formed. Exhale while you do so.
- Let your legs be fully extended at this time making an angle of 35-40 degrees with the floor.
- Fully extend your arms making them come parallel to the floor.
- Raise your upper body from the floor.
- Return to the initial position, inhale as you do so.
- Repeat the above steps to complete the desired number of reps and sets.
What is the difficulty level?
This exercise is Easy to Moderate to perform.
Who can perform this exercise?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
What other exercises benefit the same primary muscles?
Yes, Following are the 5 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as this exercise does:
- Hindu / Judo Push Up / Dive Bombers
- Cobra Abdominal Stretch
- Side plank
- LR: Resistance Band Twist
- Russian Twist
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises: Exercise Glossary – The Complete Exercise Encyclopedia