Want to learn how to do Side Plank? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What is Side Plank?
This exercise helps in working out your Abs & Obliques.
What muscles does it workout?
Primary muscle: Abs & Obliques are the muscles primarily benefited by performing this exercise.
What equipment are required?
No equipment is used for this exercise.
How to do Side Planks?
Performing the 10 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Lay down on an exercising mat on one side.
- Extend your legs and put one leg on top of the other.
- Stretch out your arms downwards on one side of your body.
- Bend your arm on the floor at an angle of 90 degrees. Keep your upper arm parallel to your body, whereas maintain your forearm at right angle.
- Pull up your body from the floor. Keep the side of your foot and your forearm balanced while you maintain your body in a straight line.
- Flex your abdominal muscles and relax your shoulders.
- Keep breathing throughout the entire exercise.
- Stay there in this position for a while.
- Relax your body and switch sides.
- Repeat the above steps.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
This exercise is Moderate to Hard to perform.
Who all can perform Side Planks?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
What other exercises benefit the same primary muscles?
Yes, Following are the 4 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as this exercise does:
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises: Exercise Glossary – Complete Exercise Encyclopedia