What is Swiss Ball Leg Curl / Hip Raise?
This exercise helps in working out your Glutes & Hamstrings.
What muscles does it workout?
Primary muscle: Glutes & Hamstrings are the muscles primarily benefited by performing this exercise.
Secondary muscle: Abs & Obliques, Middle & Lower Back / Lats are the secondary muscles benefited by this exercise.
What equipment is required?
Swiss / Exercise ball is used for this exercise.
How to do Swiss Ball Leg Curl / Hip Raise?
Performing the 9 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Lay down on a exercise mat with your back back facing it.
- Let your feet rest on top of a Swiss ball.
- Have your feet assist you to roll away the ball from you until you fully extend your legs.
- Maintaining your ankles on the ball and your shoulders flat on the exercising mat, press downwards using your feet to raise your hips from the floor.
- In order to pull the ball towards you, bend your knees.
- Stretch this movement to as far as possible.
- Hold for a moment.
- Extend your legs until they straight again and return to the initial position.
What is the difficulty level?
This exercise is Easy to perform.
Who all can perform Swiss Ball Leg Curl / Hip Raise?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
What other exercises benefit the same primary muscles?
Yes, Following are the 4 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as this exercise does:
- Dumbbell Deadlift
- Kettlebell One-Legged Deadlift
- Single Leg Glute Bridge / Hip Extension
- Donkey Kicks
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises: Exercise Glossary: The Complete Exercise Encyclopedia