- 1 What is Barbell Bench Press?
- 2 Which muscles do the Barbell Bench Press work on?
- 3 Which equipment(s) does a Barbell Bench Press require?
- 4 How to perform the Barbell Bench Press?
- 5 What is the difficulty level of a Barbell Bench Press Exercise?
- 6 Who is the Bench Press Exercise suitable for?
- 7 Other exercises as this which the same mucle group
What is Barbell Bench Press?
Barbell Bench press exercise takes a lot of pressure off your shoulders and gets your triceps more involved.
Which muscles do the Barbell Bench Press work on?
Primary muscles: Chest forms the most benefited muscles if you perform Barbell bench press exercise.
Secondary muscles: Shoulders, Triceps are also worked upon by Barbell bench press exercise.
Which equipment(s) does a Barbell Bench Press require?
While performing Barbell bench press exercise you would require a Barbell/ EZ – bar.
How to perform the Barbell Bench Press?
1. Lie down on a flat bench with your back resting on the cushion of the bench and your legs hanging down the bench in the same direction with your feet touching the floor.
2. Now hold the bar with your hands with an underhand grip which is slightly wider than your shoulder width.
a) Starting position: Take a deep breath and using your elbows, push your hands so that the bar is raised up from the rack. Make sure the elbows do not get locked. Slowly and steadily pull the weight down towards your chest while you breathe inwards.
b) Final position: Once the bar has reached just above your chest, give a small halt and then push the bar up again while you exhale.
Repeat the steps until you complete your reps.
What is the difficulty level of a Barbell Bench Press Exercise?
Barbell bench press exercise is ranked at a Harder difficulty level to perform.
Who is the Bench Press Exercise suitable for?
The Barbell Bench Press can be performed by both men and women alike.
Other exercises as this which the same mucle group
5 other exercises can work over the same primary muscles as in Barbell Bench Press:
4. Triceps Dips
This doesn’t end here. Find out more awesome bodybuilding exercises here.