- WHAT IS BARBELL LUNGE EXERCISE ?
- WHAT MUSCLES DOES BARBELL LUNGES WORK ?
- WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A BARBELL LUNGE EXERCISE REQUIRE ?
- HOW TO DO BARBELL LUNGES ?
- ARE THERE ANY TIPS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF WHILE PERFORMING BARBELL LUNGES ?
- WHAT IS THE WORKOUT DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF BARBELL LUNGES ?
- CAN BARBELL LUNGES BE PERFORMED BY ONLY MALES, ONLY FEMALES OR BOTH ?
- ARE THERE ANY OTHER RELATED EXERCISES WHICH EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUP AS BARBELL LUNGES DOES ?
WHAT IS BARBELL LUNGE EXERCISE ?
WHAT MUSCLES DOES BARBELL LUNGES WORK ?
Secondary muscle: Calves, Glutes & Hamstrings are the secondary muscles which are affected by the Barbell Lunge exercise.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A BARBELL LUNGE EXERCISE REQUIRE ?
HOW TO DO BARBELL LUNGES ?
[images style=”0″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fworkouttrends.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2Fbarbell-lunge2.gif” width=”500″ align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
9 steps and you shall be knowing how to perform Barbell Lunge exercise.
- Put a barbell at a rack, just below the level of your shoulder.
- Place the barbell at your back with your shoulders below the barbell. Make sure you do not rest the shoulder on your neck.
- Starting position: Hold the barbell with an overhand grip of your hand. Bend your shoulder to an angle of 90 degrees or more. If you bend less, this would imply, your hands are too close to each other. This could lead to instability of balance.
- Push your legs and lift the barbell but keep your torso straight.
- Move a few steps away from the rack.
- Now, Step forward and very carefully knee down your right forwarded leg. Be very careful of the balance while keeping your back straight. Inhale and lower your body.
- Keep lowering your body till the time your left knee touches the ground.
- Finish position: Push your knee upwards and exhale while you now try to return to the starting/initial position.
- Finish all the reps for one leg until you repeat the process for the other leg.
ARE THERE ANY TIPS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF WHILE PERFORMING BARBELL LUNGES ?
- If you find balancing difficult, either do not perform this exercise at all or just use your body weight and use some steady object instead of a barbell.
- If you have balance disorder, then never put a barbell at your back.
- Always make sure that you perform Barbell lunge exercise inside a squat rack.
WHAT IS THE WORKOUT DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF BARBELL LUNGES ?
CAN BARBELL LUNGES BE PERFORMED BY ONLY MALES, ONLY FEMALES OR BOTH ?
ARE THERE ANY OTHER RELATED EXERCISES WHICH EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUP AS BARBELL LUNGES DOES ?
5 other exercises can work over the same primary muscles:
- Barbell Step-up
- Two-Arm Kettlebell Swing
- Rope jumping
- Bodyweight Squat
- Standing Quadricep Stretch
This doesn’t end here. Find out more awesome bodybuilding exercises here.