There are 2 kinds of people in life:
- Those who work hard,
- And those who work smart
Which side do you want to be on?
If it’s the latter, then this article is for you.
Everyone who ever found results from their fitness routine, had to work hard. But those who combined hard work with smart work, they saved themselves a ton of time and effort.
Today, in this article, we will breakdown the tips to double your workout effectiveness and get the most out of your workouts:
- If you have been looking for a fitness routine that is challenging as well as effective, then it is time to incorporate High-Intensity Interval Training into your workout regimen.
- Add HIIT equipment to your workouts.
- Simple exercises like Burpees are good. But when they are combined with HIIT equipment such as the kettlebell, they become great.
- Warm up your body before taking it into overdrive.
- Start with a 10 minute jog to elevate your heart rate, before you transition into multiple reps per exercise. Eg. Try semi-stiff legged dumbbell deadlifts, thrusters, elevated leg push-ups, kettlebell swings, and kipping pull-ups. Cycle through each exercise at least 4 times to ensure that you feel the burn.
- Alternate between muscle building exercises and cardio. Eg. 30 seconds of running can be followed by 15 reps of hand squats.
- If you have been wanting to target your legs and shoulders during your workouts, then it is essential to learn how to do a thruster correctly.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and place the bar on your collar bones.
- Make sure your hands are further than shoulder-width apart.
- Once you have set yourself up in the correct form, crouch down (like a squat), and as you thrust up in a rapid motion push the bar above your head; this is one rep.
- Do not overload one set of muscles by doing too many exercises that will target the same group of muscles. Learn to do burpees correctly.
- You can jump to a push-up position, and lower your chest to the ground.
- As you get ready to jump up, bring your knees towards your hands; and jump up and fully extend your hips and knees. You will reach high in the sky all during the same motion.
- Continue the process until you have reached the chosen number of reps, or do this motion as many times as you can for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Another great exercise to target your legs and shoulders is known as kettlebell swings.
- Start with your feet slightly farther than shoulder-width apart, and your knees slightly bent.
- In a rapid motion, extend your hips to propel the kettlebell forward and up.
- Use your shoulders to guide the bell upwards, and do a partial squat when the kettle bell is coming down.
- Repeat as many times as you have pre-determined for your workout, and do not forget to cycle through all of your exercises.
High-Intensity Interval Training is useful for anyone who has grown tired of a less challenging workout. However, a strong word of caution before you begin any HIIT workout is to listen to your body. You do not need HIIT equipment for every exercise, but you decide how far you are willing to push yourself.
To get the most out of your workouts,
- remember to drink plenty of water
- rest when necessary, and
- challenge yourself often
We hope you enjoyed the article. What tips have you used to double your workout effectiveness? Share us in the comments below.