What is Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press?
This exercise helps in working out your Shoulders.
What muscles does it workout?
Primary muscle: Shoulders are the muscles primarily benefited by performing this exercise.
Secondary muscle: Triceps are the muscles benefited secondarily by performing this exercise.
What equipment is required?
Dumbbells are used for this exercise.
How to do Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press?
Performing the 8 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Hold a dumbbell in each of your hands, stand straight, with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Pull up the dumbbells up till the height of your head by rotating your arms forward and up.
- Keep your triceps parallel to the floor and bend your elbows at 90 degrees.
- While exhaling keep your back straight and use only your arms to extend through your shoulders and elbows to drive the dumbbells straight up.
- Keep bringing your arms close together until both
- Hold for a count of one, while squeezing your shoulder muscles.your arms do not reach their fully extended position.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
This exercise is Easy to Moderate to perform.
Who all can perform Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
What other exercises benefit the same primary muscles?
Yes, Following are the 4 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as this exercise does:
- Upright Dumbbell Row
- Upright Barbell Row
- Incline Dumbbell Fly
- Barbell Shoulder Press
- Kettlebell Thruster
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises: Exercise Glossary – The Complete Exercise Encyclopedia
Comments are off this post!