Jumping ropes is best workout to get your blood pumping and get in a good sweat session at home. This exercise helps in working out your calves, glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps.
To do perform this exercise, a skipping rope and a pair of sneakers is all you need.
Want to learn how to do rope jumping exercise properly? Then read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and training better.
How to do skipping rope workout for a killer body in 4 simple steps:
- Grab each end of the skipping rope in either hand with the middle of the rope behind you.
- Rotate your wrists in order to swing the rope above your head.
- When the rope swings down in front of you and towards you, jump over the rope with both feet and let the rope sweep off from under your feet.
- Continue rotating the rope using your wrist.
Rope Jumping can be performed by using:
- One leg
- Alternating legs
- Different directions to swing the rope in.
- Altering positions while skipping a rope helps improving stamina and coordination.
Rope jumping workout is easy to do in terms of workout difficulty and can be performed by anyone. You can start by jumping for 5-10 minute intervals until you build stamina, and then increase your tempo and difficulty level.
Other related workouts that benefit the same primary muscles as jumping rope exercise:
- Dumbbell Deadlift
- Kettle-bell One-Legged Deadlift
- Hip Raise / Butt Lift / Bridge
- Standing Quadricep Stretch
- Plank Jacks
Find out more awesome bodybuilding exercises here.