Want to know how to do Flutter Kicks / Scissors Kick / lying scissor kicks / freestyle kicking exercise?
Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What are flutter kicks?
Flutter Kicks is a great aerobic training exercise that works primarily on glutes and hamstrings muscles.
Secondary muscles worked are those in the thighs / lower abdominal muscles.
Type: Aerobic Training
Equipment Required: No
Primary Muscles: Glutes and Hamstrings
Secondary Muscles: Lower Abdominal
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
How to do flutter kicks?
Following 6 steps mentioned below, you can perform the flutter kicks Workout:
- Lie on a bench with your face down and your hips on the edge of the bench.
- Now raise your legs from the floor so that they are in a line with your body.
- For stability, hold the front edge of the bench properly.
- Starting position: Raise your left leg higher than the right one.
- Then lower your left leg as you raise your right leg.
- Final position: Repeat until you’ve hit your targeted reps.
- Now Push your feet forward (jumping), bringing them behind your hands.
- Repeat the above steps.
Are flutter kicks fine for both males and females?
Flutter Kicks Exercise, like most workouts, can be performed by both males as well as females.
Other workouts which work over the same primary muscles:
- Barbell Step-up
- Kettlebell One-Legged Deadlift
- Hamstring Stretch
- LR: Suspension Strap Squat
- Swiss Ball Leg Curl / Hip Raise
This exercise is not advised for people with lower back problems.
This doesn’t end here. Find out more awesome bodybuilding exercises here