Want to learn how to do a Dumbbell Side Lunge ? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What are dumbbell side lunges?
The Dumbbell side lunge is a great exercise that works on several major muscle groups in your lower body.
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Hard
Primary muscle: Quadriceps
Secondary muscle: Glutes & Hamstrings, Middle & Lower Back / Lats
A pair of Dumbbells
How to do dumbbell side lunge?
By performing the 5 steps mentioned below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Keep your hip and feet wide apart.
- ake a step to the right with your right foot and keep your arms straight.
- Lower your body by flexing your knee and hip at a 90-degrees angle and keep your left leg slightly angled.
- Now, get back to the starting position by extending your right knee and hip and bring your foot back in the standing position.
There are 5 exercises that benefit the same muscles:
- Barbell Step-up
- Two-Arm Kettlebell Swing
- Wide Stance / Sumo Barbell Squat
- Barbell Lunges
- Dumbbell Lunges
This doesn’t end here. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.