Eager to learn how to do a Concentration curls ? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
- WHAT IS CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- WHAT MUSCLES DOES CONCENTRATION CURLS WORKOUT ?
- WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES CONCENTRATION CURLS REQUIRE?
- HOW TO DO CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- IS THERE ANY TIP TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE PERFORMING CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- IS THERE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE TO PERFORM CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL WHILE WORKING OUT CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- WHO ALL CAN PERFORM CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- WHICH OTHER RELATED EXERCISES EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUPS AS CONCENTRATION CURLS DOES ?
WHAT IS CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
Concentration Curls are performed to build biceps and forearms.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES CONCENTRATION CURLS WORKOUT ?
Primary muscle: Biceps form the primary muscles which are benefited by the concentration curls.
Secondary muscle: Forearms form the secondary muscles which are benefited by doing this exercise.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES CONCENTRATION CURLS REQUIRE?
For performing concentration curls, you would require dumbbells.
HOW TO DO CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
Following the 5 steps mentioned below, you can perform this exercise:
- Be seated on a bench with legs spread wide, feet on the floor and a dumbbell between your feet.
- Hold the dumbbell with the underhand grip of any of your two hands.
- Make the back of the arm of the hand holding the dumbbell rest on the upper part of the thigh on the same side.
- keep your hand away from your thigh.
- Start position: Extend your arm holding the dumbbell in the downward direction.
- Squeeze your biceps by smoothly moving the arm holding the dumbbell up making an arc. Exhale as you do so.
- Carry on with curling the dumbbell upwards till your biceps are fully squeezed and the dumbbell has reached the level of your shoulder.
- Hold there in this position till the count of one.
- Final position: Very slowly return back to the initial/starting position of your arm in the downward extended position. Inhale as you do so.
- Complete your reps with this arm and then switch over to the other arm.
IS THERE ANY TIP TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE PERFORMING CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
- Move only your forearms while doing this exercise and keep your upper arm fixed.
- If you suffer from lower back issues, you should really perform the harder versions of this exercise.
IS THERE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE TO PERFORM CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
Yes !You can also perform this exercise while standing in a bent over position. But here your must make sure that the upper arm is not moving at all.
WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL WHILE WORKING OUT CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
Working out concentration curls ranges from Moderate to Hard on difficulty scale.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM CONCENTRATION CURLS ?
Men as well as women can perform this exercise.
WHICH OTHER RELATED EXERCISES EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUPS AS CONCENTRATION CURLS DOES ?
There are 5 other exercises that can work over the same primary muscles:
- Hammer Curls
- Overhead Cable Curl
- Standing Dumbbell Curl
- Your Exercise (Placeholder)
- Concentration Curls
This is just not to it. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.