Want to learn how to do a Close Grip Pullup / Chinup ? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What is a close grip pull-up or chin-up?
This exercise helps in strengthening our middle and lower back / lats as the primary muscle. It also strengthens biceps, forearms and upper back / traps. It requires a bar attached between two hinges to hang on it to perform the exercise.
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Easy
How to do a close grip pull-up or chin-up?
- With your arms close to each other, hold the bar with your palms facing you.
- Starting position: Extend your arms to their full extent.
- Crossing your ankles with each other, bend your knees (like swinging in the air).
- Pull yourself up until your chin touches the bar and your elbows bent to their full extent.
- Final position: Go back to the initial/starting position by lowering your back and bringing your arms and legs back to the initially extended position.
Related workouts that target the same primary muscles:
- Dumbbell Deadlift
This doesn’t end here. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.