Eager to learn how to do a Chin up ? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
- WHAT IS A CHIN UP ?
- WHAT MUSCLES DOES CHIN UP EXERCISE WORKOUT ?
- WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A CHIN UP REQUIRE?
- HOW TO DO A CHIN UP ?
- ARE THERE ANY ALTERNATIVES TO PERFORM A CHIN UP ?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL EXPERIENCED WHILE WORKING OUT A CHIN UP ?
- WHO ALL CAN PERFORM A CHIN UP ?
- WHICH OTHER RELATED EXERCISES EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUPS AS CHIN UP EXERCISE DOES ?
WHAT IS A CHIN UP ?
The chin-up is an exercise intended for strength training. You shall perform this exercise for strengthening muscles. It is a form of pull-up till the height of one’s chin.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES CHIN UP EXERCISE WORKOUT ?
Primary muscle: Upper Back / Traps are benefited the most by doing chin up exercise.
Secondary muscle: Biceps, Forearms, Middle & Lower Back / Lats are the secondary muscles benefited by performing this exercise.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A CHIN UP REQUIRE?
Chin ups require a bar attached between two hinges to hang on it and thereby perform the exercise.
HOW TO DO A CHIN UP ?
Following the 6 steps mentioned below, you can perform the this exercise:
- keeping your hands at a distance little less than shoulder’s width apart and with an underhand grip, hold the bar. keep your palms facing towards you.
- Starting position: Keep your torso as straight as possible and while curving your lower back, push your chest in the forward direction.
- With the help of your biceps, pull your torso upwards until your head reaches the level of the bar. Make sure your elbows are close to your body during this position.
- Squeeze your biceps and stay in this position till you count one.
- Final position: Inhale your breathe and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the steps till you complete your reps.
ARE THERE ANY ALTERNATIVES TO PERFORM A CHIN UP ?
- If you’re a beginner and lag strength to pull yourself up, you can use a Pull Up machine which uses weights which help you pull you up.
- You may use a Spotter that can support and raise your legs which eventually helps you pull up your body easily.
- If you’re an advanced and experienced athlete, you can wear a weight belt or weight plates and then pull yourself up.
WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL EXPERIENCED WHILE WORKING OUT A CHIN UP ?
The workout difficulty level for this exercise is Moderate to Easy.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM A CHIN UP ?
Men as well as women can perform this exercise.
WHICH OTHER RELATED EXERCISES EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUPS AS CHIN UP EXERCISE DOES ?
There are 5 other exercises that can work over the same primary muscles:
- Dumbbell Incline Row
- Barbell Pullover
- Cat Back Stretch
- Seated Barbell Military Press
- One Arm Dumbbell Row
This is just not to it. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.