Want to know how to do Burpees Exercise / Squat Thrusts / Up-downs / Burpee? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
- WHAT IS BURPEES EXERCISE ?
- WHAT MUSCLES DOES BURPEES WORKOUT ?
- WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A BURPEE EXERCISE REQUIRE ?
- HOW TO DO BURPEES EXERCISE ?
- WHAT IS THE WORKOUT DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF BURPEES EXERCISE ?
- WHO ALL CAN PERFORM BURPEES EXERCISE ?
- Related Workouts:
WHAT IS BURPEES EXERCISE ?
The Burpees is a full body exercise and is used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise as well.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES BURPEES WORKOUT ?
This exercise is not advised for people with lower back problems.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A BURPEE EXERCISE REQUIRE ?
Burpees does not require any equipment to be performed.
HOW TO DO BURPEES EXERCISE ?
Following the 8 steps mentioned below, you can perform the Burpees exercise:
- Starting position: Get yourself in the standing position, with your hands by your sides and keep your feet shoulder’s width apart.
- Now, Squatting down, put your hands down on the floor, with your palms touching the ground and placed right in front of your feet.
- Lean forward towards the floor, stomach facing the ground such that, your legs are extended backwards to their full length. Your Palms should be touching the ground and arms extended in a push up position.
- Now, Jump out your feet and spread them to an extent more than hip’s width apart and then immediately jump back your feet to the same position.
- Finish one full push up.
- Now Push your feet forward (jumping), bringing them behind your hands.
- Final position: With a rigorous push to your heels, return to the initial/starting position .
- Repeat the above steps.
WHAT IS THE WORKOUT DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF BURPEES EXERCISE ?
The workout difficulty level for burpees exercise is Easy.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM BURPEES EXERCISE ?
Men as well as women can perform Burpees exercise.
Other workouts which work over the same primary muscles:
- Bicycle Crunches / Air Bikes
- Wide Stance / Sumo Barbell Squat
- Mountain Climbers
- Dumbbell Side Lunge
- Dumbbell Lunges