Want to know how to do Barbell Deadlift exercise? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
- WHAT IS BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE ?
- WHAT MUSCLES DOES BARBELL DEADLIFT WORK ?
- WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE REQUIRE ?
- HOW TO DO BARBELL DEADLIFTS EXERCISE ?
- ARE THERE ANY PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE CARE OF WHILE PERFORMING BARBELL DEADLIFTS EXERCISE ?
- WHAT IS THE WORKOUT DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE ?
- WHO ALL CAN PERFORM BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE BE PERFORMED BY MEN, WOMEN OR BOTH ?
- ARE THERE ANY OTHER RELATED EXERCISES WHICH EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUP AS BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE DOES ?
WHAT IS BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE ?
The Barbell Deadlift is a weight training exercise where a loaded barbell is lifted from the ground in bent over position.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES BARBELL DEADLIFT WORK ?
Primary muscles: The muscles that are primarily benefited by the Barbell Deadlift exercise are the middle Lower Back / Lats.
Secondary muscles: The secondary muscles affected by the Barbell Deadlift exercise include Calves, Forearms, Glutes Hamstrings, Middle Lower Back / Lats, Quadriceps, Upper Back / Traps.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES A BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE REQUIRE ?
A Barbell Deadlift exercise require a Barbell / EZ-Bar to perform it.
HOW TO DO BARBELL DEADLIFTS EXERCISE ?
After performing the below mentioned 8 steps, you shall be able to do Barbell Deadshift exercise:
- Place the barbell in an obstruction free, clear area on the workout floor.
- Stand 4-6 inches away from the bar, facing it.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart keeping them either straight or pointing in the outward direction.
- Starting position: Maintaining your back straight, bend down and hold the bar with an overhand grip. Maintain your hands shoulder width apart.
- Keeping your arms straight, stand up holding the barbell in your hand.
- While you are pulling the barbell up, make sure your hips and shoulders rise together and your back is straight.
- When you have lifted the entire barbell, push your shoulders slightly back, so that you feel that they are being stretched.
- Final position: Put the barbell back on the ground with slow and steady motions. Return back to the position you started up with.
ARE THERE ANY PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE CARE OF WHILE PERFORMING BARBELL DEADLIFTS EXERCISE ?
If you are a novice, make sure you are performing the Barbell deadlift exercise under the guidance of an experienced trainer. The results could be disastrous if you perform this exercise incorrectly.
WHAT IS THE WORKOUT DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE ?
Considering the warning signals given above, the Barbell deadlift exercise is hard to perform if you are a beginner.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE BE PERFORMED BY MEN, WOMEN OR BOTH ?
Anybody can perform Barbell deadlift exercise.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER RELATED EXERCISES WHICH EFFECT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUP AS BARBELL DEADLIFT EXERCISE DOES ?
5 other exercises can work over the same primary muscles:
- Two-Arm Kettlebell Swing
- Bent Over Two-Arm Long Bar Row
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
- Dumbbell Incline Row
- Barbell Good Morning
This doesn’t end here. Find out more awesome bodybuilding exercises here.
Comments are off this post!