Want to learn how to do Hip Extension / Single Leg Glute Bridge? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What is Hip Extension / Single Leg Glute Bridge?
This exercise helps in working out your Glutes & Hamstrings.
What muscles does this exercise workout?
Primary muscle: Glutes & Hamstrings are the muscles primarily benefited by performing this exercise.
Secondary muscle: Quadriceps are the secondary muscles benefited by performing this exercise.
What equipment are required?
No equipment is used for this exercise.
How to do Hip Extension / Single Leg Glute Bridge?
Performing the 10 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Lay down on an exercising mat resting on your back.
- Bend your knees such that your feet rest flat on the floor.
- Pull up one leg from the floor and fold your leg such that your leg moves towards your chest.
- Start the exercise by pushing through your heels and pulling up your hips from the floor.
- Continue to do this until your hips are in a straight line with your torso.
- Get back to the initial position by resting your hips back on the exercising mat.
- Finish all the repetitions for one leg before switching legs.
What is the difficulty level?
This exercise is Moderate to Hard to perform.
Who all can perform this exercise?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
What other exercises benefit the same primary muscles?
Yes, Following are the 5 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as this exercise does:
- Swiss Ball Leg Curl / Hip Raise
- Standing Leg / Hamstring Curl
- Barbell Step-ups
- Lying Leg Curls
- Plank JacksA
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises: Exercise Glossary – The Complete Exercise Encyclopedia