Imagine you’ve just had one of the best workouts in your life. You may be feeling sweaty, confident, or just worn out. When you’ve really worked out your muscles, you know that you’ll probably have a lot of aches and pains to look forward to tomorrow. But you can easily help your muscle recovery by using CBD products.
If you’re ready to use CBD to help with your muscle recovery, make sure you know what to look for in your purchase. We’ll help you choose between the best type of CBD products for muscle recovery, including flower, oils, topical creams, and even gummies!
Taking CBD Products for Muscle Recovery
If you’ve ever struggled to reach up to a top cabinet after arm day or struggled to climb stairs after leg day, you know just how bad muscle soreness can be. Avoiding extreme discomfort and properly caring for your muscles should always encompass your post-workout plan.
Some things that you may implement in your post-workout might include a cool down, proper hydration, and a good night’s sleep. But cannabis products are quickly becoming many people’s favorite way to help their muscles recover faster than ever before.
Whether you use CBD flower products, oils, or gummies, these products share many properties. But, there are certain characteristics and side effects that will make different options a better fit for your lifestyle than others.
Why Cannabis Helps Muscle Recovery
When you do intense exercise, microscopic tears will appear in your muscles. This activity is proof that your muscles are changing. Over the next 12-26 hours, your body strives to repair your muscles, which results in DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
Thankfully, the anti-inflammatory effects of cannabidiol work to ease your muscle pain. This allows your muscles to heal faster without causing you extra discomfort over the next few days.
Many people first experiment with CBD via gummies or oils, but more are beginning to discover the benefits of hemp (CBD) flower products. But what makes these products so different?
Hemp flowers are the raw or dried buds of the cannabis plant. The best way to ingest these flowers is through smoking or inhalation, which provides much faster delivery than
ingestion or topical application. Because of this, you’re going to get the most concentrated dosage from one of these plants.
Whether you are suffering from chronic pain or just need help surviving the day after an intense workout, hemp flowers can help.
Pros of CBD Flower
- Affordable: Hemp flowers are one of the cheapest cannabis products you can get on the market.
- Improve lung capacity: Studies show that smoking cannabis doesn’t hurt your lungs and can even improve your lung capacity. This reality makes hemp flowers an even better choice for fitness lovers.
Cons of CBD Flowers
- Nausea: Excessive use of hemp flowers may cause vomiting. Make sure you only take the dosage that will give you the benefits. Don’t overdo it, and you can avoid this negative effect.
CBD oils are an extract of the cannabis plant that is diluted by natural oils or water. Because of this, it is less potent than flower. You can consume this bottled oil that comes with a dropper in just about any way you can imagine. Whether you add it to your morning coffee or smoke it in a vape pen, you can easily enjoy its benefits.
CBD oil is used to treat many things these days and is even being tested for its efficacy on those with PTSD. Knowing that cannabidiol oil is an effective and all-natural way to aid in muscle recovery, let’s take a closer look at its benefits and drawbacks.
Pros of CBD Oil
- Anxiety relief: CBD oil can relieve your anxiety as well as your muscle pain. • Easy to find in stores: Go to just about any health and wellness store in a state where cannabis is legal, and chances are you can find a full-spectrum oil.
Cons of CBD Oil
- Some may lack potency: Full-spectrum is the best kind of CBD extract to truly get all the benefits. Without full-spectrum products, you may not be getting the full experience. Take a close look at the label to find the most effective oils.
CBD topical creams are lotions that contain cannabidiol as well as other beneficial ingredients like essential oils and vitamins. The CBD is absorbed through the skin and can reduce inflammation, easing your pain. This product is easy to apply and also carries other benefits for your skin, like reducing the appearance of acne, scarring, and more!
Pros of Topical Creams
- Localized pain relief: As the cream can be applied to any muscle group bothering you the most, you can target the worst areas.
- A gentle skin product: Unlike some other skin products and lotions, CBD topical creams are gentle and suit almost all skin types.
Cons of Topical Creams
- Less CBD: Topical creams are very processed products that give you less resin from the cannabis plant, resulting in less concentrated doses.
CBD gummies are treats in which CBD extract is a key ingredient. There is a large selection available of CBD gummies, so you can find the one that you like best.
We love the gummies because they are a fun and delicious way to get all the benefits of a cannabis product. But be sure you only buy from trustworthy companies. You want to ensure the gummies were made with an adequate amount of CBD extract, preferably a full-spectrum variety, and there aren’t any unwanted ingredients included.
Pros of Gummies
- The best product on the go: No need to mix it with a drink, smoke it, vape it, etc. Just pop it in your mouth, and you’re good to go!
- Easy dosage: Dosing can sometimes be difficult. But gummies are already prepared with exact dosage information per gummy. So, you’ll easily know exactly how much you’ve taken.
Cons of CBD Gummies
- Time of efficacy: When you eat CBD in gummy form, it takes longer for the body to digest it. If you are looking for a product that will work quickly after ingesting, a gummy is not ideal.
Conclusion — CBD Products for Post-Workout Recovery
We know you love getting a good workout. But taking care of your body doesn’t end after the last rep. Make sure to protect yourself and your muscles long after you leave the gym. Using the best CBD products of 2021 is an effective and all-natural way to help with muscle recovery. Find the products that work for you and start feeling better!