Want to learn how to do Standing Dumbbell Curls? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
What is Standing Dumbbell Curl?
This exercise helps in working out your Biceps.
What muscles doe it workout?
Primary muscle: Dumbbells are the muscles primarily benefited by performing this exercise.
What equipment are required?
Dumbbells are used for this exercise.
How to do Standing Dumbbell Curls?
Performing the 8 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand of yours and stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hang your arms by your sides and make your palms face towards the sides of your body.
- Maintain your elbows by your sides.
- While Curling the dumbbells up towards your shoulders, rotate your forearms.
- Continue raising the shoulders until they reach near your shoulders.
- Keep your forearms vertical
- Squeeze your bicep and wait for a moment.
- Slowly bring the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat the above steps.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
This exercise is Moderate to Hard to perform.
Who all can perform it?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
What other exercises benefit the same primary muscles?
Yes, Following are the 4 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as this exercise does:
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises: Exercise Glossary – The Complete Exercise Encyclopedia