Want to learn how to do a Windshield wipers ? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
- 1 WHAT ARE WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
- 2 WHAT MUSCLES DOES WINDSHIELD WIPERS WORKOUT ?
- 3 WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES WINDSHIELD WIPERS REQUIRE?
- 4 HOW TO DO WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
- 5 WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF WORKING OUT WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
- 6 WHO ALL CAN PERFORM WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
- 7 WHAT ARE THE OTHER RELATED EXERCISES EFFECTING THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUPS AS WINDSHIELD WIPERS DOES?
WHAT ARE WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
Windshield wipers are performed to work over abs and obliques.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES WINDSHIELD WIPERS WORKOUT ?
Primary muscle: Abs & Obliques is primarily benefited by Windshield wipers.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES WINDSHIELD WIPERS REQUIRE?
you would not require any equipment to perform this exercise.
HOW TO DO WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
Performing the 7 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Without forming an arch of your spine, lie down on an exercising mat.
- Make a “T” shape of your upper body by extending your arms sideways with your palms firmly fixed to the ground.
- Starting position: Raise your legs in a manner that your legs and knees form a 90 degree angle with the each other.
- Raise your legs in an inclined/tilted manner such that both of your thighs are either touching each other or the lower one of them is touching the ground. Remember to exhale while you do this.
- Pausing for a while, flip to the other side.
- You complete one rep when you have finished doing the exercise on both the sides.
- Repeat as many number of times you wish to.
WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF WORKING OUT WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
There are three difficulty levels for this exercise:
- Beginner: By Making a right angle between the hips and the knees as described above.
- Intermediate: Feet in the upward direction, knees at 90 degrees but hips remaining in a neutral position.
- Advanced: Make an “L” shape out of your body with straightened legs and bent hips.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM WINDSHIELD WIPERS ?
Anyone may perform this exercise.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER RELATED EXERCISES EFFECTING THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLE GROUPS AS WINDSHIELD WIPERS DOES?
5 other exercises that effect the same primary muscles are:
- Ab Roller / Wheel Rollout
- Alternate Heel Touchers
- Jackknife Sit-up / Crunch
- Weighted Twist
- Swiss Ball Crunch
This is just not to it. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.