Summary : Great exercise to have those strong biceps and shoulders.
WHAT IS UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW ?
WHAT MUSCLES DOES UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW WORKOUT ?
Primary muscle: If you do upright dumbbell row exercise, your Biceps and Shoulders will be effected the most.
Secondary muscle: Upper Back / Traps are also effected by doing this exercise.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW REQUIRE ?
HOW TO DO UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW ?
Performing the 6 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Stand on the exercising mat with your feet at shoulder’s width apart.
- With an overhand grip hold one dumbbell in each hand and see to it that the dumbbells are resting on your thighs.
- Pull up the dumbbells in a smooth movement until they reach just below your chin.
- See to it that in this position your elbows are out your shoulders are back.
- When you have reached at the tip of performing this movement, contract your biceps and forearms and be there in the position till the count of one.
- To maintain the tensions on the muscles, come back to the starting/initial position and repeat.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVES TO PERFORM UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW ?
HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO PERFORM PERFORM UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW ?
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW ?
ARE THERE ANY OTHER EXERCISES WHICH BENEFIT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLES AS UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW DOES ?
- Reverse Curl
- One Arm Dumbbell Row
- Ez-bar Preacher Curl
- Standing Cable Crossover / Fly
- Dumbbell Incline Row
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.