Want to learn how to do a Triceps Pushdown with Cable? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
WHAT IS TRICEPS PUSHDOWN?
Triceps are worked out by doing triceps pushdown.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES TRICEPS PUSHDOWN WORKOUT?
Primary muscle: Triceps are worked out by doing triceps pushdown.
Secondary muscle: Forearms are also effected by doing this exercise
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES TRICEPS PUSHDOWN REQUIRE?
You need a Cable station to do this exercise.
HOW TO DO TRICEPS PUSHDOWN?
Performing the 8 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
1. Fix a cable station with a bar attached onto its pulley.
2. Hold the bar with an overhand grip of your hands at shoulder’s width apart.
3. Position your feet at shoulder’s width apart with knees bent for maintaining stability.
4. Now pull the bar down with your forearms parallel the floor, elbows close to the body and wrist straight.
5. Push the bar down towards to floor, with the help of your forearms until the arms are full extended in the downwards direction.
6. Remain in this position for a while.
7. Moving your forearms return to the starting position.
8. Remain there for a count of one and then repeat the above steps.
IS THERE ANY TIP TO FOLLOW WHILE DOING TRICEPS PUSH DOWN?
Yes! Do not move your elbows or hips while you do this exercise to provide momentum.
HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO PERFORM TRICEPS PUSHDOWN?
It is easy to do this exercise.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM TRICEPS PUSHDOWN?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER EXERCISES THAT EFFECT THE SAME MUSCLE GROUPS AS TRICEPS PUSHDOWN DOES?
Some exercises targeting the same muscles:
1. Decline Tricep Extension (Skull crushers)
2. Diamond / Tricep Pushup
3. Weighted Bench Dip
4. Tricep Dumbbell Kickback
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here.