Want to learn how to do Plank? Read on further for detailed workout instructions, notes, video and pro tips for learning proper form and train better for it.
- 1 WHAT IS PLANK?
- 2 WHAT MUSCLES DOES PLANK WORKOUT?
- 3 WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES PLANK REQUIRE?
- 4 HOW TO DO PLANK?
- 5 WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF PERFORMING PLANK?
- 6 WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF PERFORMING PLANK?
- 7 WHO ALL CAN PERFORM PLANK?
- 8 WHAT OTHER EXERCISES BENEFIT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLES AS PLANK DOES?
WHAT IS PLANK?
This exercise helps in working out Abs & Obliques.
WHAT MUSCLES DOES PLANK WORKOUT?
Primary muscle: Abs & Obliques are the primarily benefited muscles by performing this exercise.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES PLANK REQUIRE?
No equipment is used for this exercise.
HOW TO DO PLANK?
Performing the 5 steps below, you will be able to do this exercise properly:
- Lie down on the floor facing your stomach.
- Raise your upper body by extending your elbows, and maintaining your elbows at 90 degrees.
- Extend your legs right behind you, straight and erect, supporting them on your toes and balls of your feet.
- Tighten your abdominal and oblique muscles while keeping the body in a straight line.
- hold for as long as possible.
WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF PERFORMING PLANK?
Yes! For practicing balancing or strengthening the core of your body, try performing this exercise by lifting one arm or leg.
WHAT IS THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF PERFORMING PLANK?
This exercise is Easy to perform.
WHO ALL CAN PERFORM PLANK?
Anyone can perform this exercise.
WHAT OTHER EXERCISES BENEFIT THE SAME PRIMARY MUSCLES AS PLANK DOES?
Yes, Following are the 5 exercises which benefits the same primary muscles as pistol squats does:
- Bicycle Crunches / Air Bikes
- Windshield Wipers
- Knee / Hip Raise
- Russian Twist
- Dumbbell Side Bend
This is just not enough. Find out the other best bodybuilding exercises here