1. Amino Acids and BCAAs – Definition
Amino acids or BCAAS (Branched Chain Amino Acids) are wonderful for muscle building and athleticism. Amino acids are the building blocks of any kind of protein. The body’s metabolism breaks down the ingested amino acids and uses them to synthesize essential proteins.
2. Why do we need amino acids?
Amino acids are an essential part of body building supplements. BCAAs are recommended for delayed muscle soreness that happens after a long resistance and endurance training session. That’s because they possess a muscles strengthening quality leading to less damage after exercise sessions.
Also, BCAAs, especially Leucine is good for shedding extra ounces from the body. Read more about Whey Proteins and how they help in getting a ripped body.
3. How much BCAA should one intake?
Deciding the amount of BCAA one should intake, is a difficult task. However, take up to 3-11 grams of BCAA in a sports drink at least an hour before workout. This would last throughout the session.
The one going for longer workout may require 12 grams of protein for better endurance.
4. How is BCAAs beneficial?
- They help in maintaining muscular mass rather gaining it.
- It protects body from ill effects of dieting.
- They regulate and increase cellular mechanisms that carry out protein synthesis.
5. Top selling Amino acids & BCAAs brands
References:  Branched Chain Amino Acids Synthesis on Wikipedia.^Back to top^