For advanced, choose 5 exercises per day for 3 sets of 20-25 reps.Check out the top 6 most effective exercises:1. Bicycle Maneuver: According to a research, the bicycle crunch is one of the most effective exercise for working your abs and obliques. If you perform it with proper technique, bicycle crunches can help you in building noticeable 6 pack abs. Here the proper way to perform this exercise:
Lie down straight on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. Put your hands beside your head. By keeping your knees straight bring knees up to about 45-degree angle and slowly go through like a bicycle pedal motion. Now, touch your right elbow to your left knee, and then the left elbow to your right knee. Keep relaxed breathing throughout while performing this exercise.
2. Crunch on Exercise Ball: This exercise not only build your abs but also promotes balance and stability. Crunch on exercise ball is a highly effective exercise to build upper and middle ab muscles. Check out the proper way to do this exercise:
Sit on the ball and keep your feet straight on the floor. Now, roll back the ball slowly. Then lie back on the ball until your torso is parallel with the ground. Cross your arms and keep them behind your head, contract your abdominal raising your torso around 30-45 degrees. For better balance, spread your feet wider apart. Exhale as you contract; inhale as you get back to the starting position.
3. Vertical Leg Crunch: This exercise is highly effective for your lower and upper abdominal muscles. Vertical leg crunch is simple, effective and can improve your body posture. With these easy steps, you’ll be able to do this exercise easily:
Lie straight on the mat and press your lower to the ground. Now, put your hands behind your head for some support. Extend your legs straight up in the air, with a slight bend in the knee. Then, contract your abdominal muscles by lifting your torso towards your knees. And just make sure you keep your chin off your chest with each contraction. Keep exhale when you contract upward; inhale as you get back to the starting position.
4. Reverse Crunch: With this exercise you can strengthen your lower abdominal muscles. As everyone knows, working on lower abs is the most difficult part of any workout session. So, perform reverse crunches properly and tone your lower ab muscles:
Lie straight on the floor and press your lower back to the floor. Then, put your hands beside your head or extend them out straight to your sides—as per your level of comfort. Cross your feet at the ankles, lift your feet up off the ground to the point where your knees create a 90-degrees angle. When in this position, press your lower back on the floor as you contract your ab muscles. Your hips will slightly rotate and your legs will reach toward the ceiling with each contraction. Exhale when you contract; inhale as you get back to the starting position.
5. Spider Plank Crunch: This exercise improves balance, flexibility and power to maintain the healthy physique. Here are the simple steps to perform spider plank crunch:
Lie down on the floor with your upper body facing down and keep your body perfectly straight. Now, elevate your body and bring your right knee forward towards your right elbow and then back to the plank position. Then repeat with your left knee and hit the targeted reps.
6. The sit-up: Begin your sit-ups by lying flat on your back. As soon as you lift your head from the floor, the abdominal muscles begin to work. This is because the muscles lifting the neck pull on the rib-cage. To stop the ribs from moving, and hold them firm, the abdominal muscles must tighten. As the exercise continues, you begin to lift your trunk from the floor. To do this, your legs have to stay down. However, because your legs are lighter than your trunk, the tendency is for the legs to lift, unless the trunk is bent. Bending the trunk reduces the effect of leverage, and makes the trunk ‘lighter’.